Friday, June 03, 2005

Oh Danica!


If you watched the Indy 500 or even opened a newspaper in the month onf May, then you know that this is Danica Patrick, the story of the 500 and the hotshot rookie girl, er, I mean woman, driver who stole the show before, during and after the race.

The following is a true story.....

While we were driving back from Indiana to Ohio on I-70 east, I noticed a Honda Accord in front of us that had a big www.bobbyrahal.com sticker in the back window. huh, I thought to myself, they must really be a fan, or maybe somehow affiliated with Bobby Rahal's racing team (which is co-owned by David Letterman). Then I noticed the license plate. A Pennsylvania plate that read "Rahal 16". huh, I thought, Rahal 16.... 16 is Danica Patricks number..... then I finally looked at the driver. From behind I could see it was a female with long dark hair all by herself. Could it be...? Is it.....? I couldn't beleive that she would be driving home all by herself. So, there was just one thing to do. I had to pass Danica Patrick! Not an easy feat since she was doing 85! (and so was I....shhhh don't tell Kristi).

Well, I saw an opening in the traffic (it was very congested) and took it. Went by her and gawked. Sure enough, it was her. Kristi and I felt like dorks being startstruck, but we were gawking every time she passed us and we passed her as traffic jockeyed around.

Anyway, that's my brush with glory. Danica Patrick may have been the highest placing woman in the history of the 500, but I passed her!

http://www.danicaracing.com/ Posted by Hello

No comments: